Winners Announced in 2010 Global Awards for Excellence in BPM & Workflow
- Published: December 2, 2010
Co-sponsored by WfMC and BPM.com and now in their 18th year, these prestigious awards recognize user organizations that have demonstrably excelled in implementing innovative business process solutions to meet strategic business objectives. There are five geographical regions. Each region receives Gold and Silver Awards.
Awards Director Layna Fischer commented on the strength of the entries, especially the case studies submitted in the North America region. “For the first time, because of the depth of outstanding entries in North America, we awarded two silver trophies and two gold trophies,” said Ms Fischer. “It was impossible for the judges to select only one in each category.”
Nathaniel Palmer, WfMC Executive Director and Industry Analyst noted, “This year, we see a trend that the scope of implementations has increased to more non-financial case studies, like healthcare, with greater government adoption, addressing social and environmental issues. Additionally, we noticed that the BPM Center of Excellence plays a more significant role in start-up and success than in previous years of awards.”
- Instituto de Crédito Oficial (ICO), Spain nominated by BizAgi, United Kingdom
- LSC Group, United Kingdom nominated by TIBCO Software Inc., USA
- Nokia Siemens Networks, United Arab Emirates nominated by Appian, USA
- Department of Energy, USA nominated by HandySoft, USA
- Farmers Insurance Group, USA nominated by Pegasystems Inc., USA
- Global Combat Support System Marine Corps, USA nominated by Oracle Corp, USA
- Lincoln Trust Company, USA nominated by Lincoln Trust Company, USA
- ‘us’ - Utility, Australia nominated by Interfacing Technologies Corporation, Canada
- IndusInd Bank, India nominated by Newgen Software Technologies Limited, India
South and Central America
- ArcelorMittal Foundation, Brazil nominated by AuraPortal, USA
- Telecarrier, Panama nominated by Pectra Technolgy, USA
- Unimed Porto Alegre Medical Co-operative Ltd, Brazil nominated by BPM Soluções (BPM Solutions), Brazil
Regional Finalists were selected by a panel of judges drawn from the sponsors; more details on case study requirements can be found online at www.bpmf.org. Finalists receive additional recognition by having their case studies published in the annual edition of BPM Excellence in Practice by Future Strategies Inc.
This year the Awards Ceremony was presented in a virtual format with the Gold and Silver winners announced in a special webinar chaired by Keith Swenson, lead judge, as well as in front of a live audience at the WfMC’s BPMN-XPDL event in Sunnyvale, CA. The slide presentation will be available shortly from www.bpmf.org.
Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC) and BPM.com jointly sponsor the annual Global Awards for Excellence in BPM and Workflow. The Awards program is managed by Future Strategies Inc.
About the Workflow Management Coalition (www.wfmc.org)
The WfMC, founded in August 1993, is a non-profit, international organization of workflow vendors, users, analysts and university/research groups. The Coalition's mission is to promote and develop the use of workflow through the establishment of standards for software terminology, interoperability and connectivity between workflow products. Comprising over 300 members worldwide, the Coalition is the only standards body for this specific software market. The creation of the WfMC Standards Reference Model has proved its importance in other areas of technology, most notably the ISO Seven Layer reference model for computer communications.
FOR PRESS CONTACT:
Layna Fischer, Awards Director <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Future Strategies Inc., publishers of unique books on BPM and Workflow
Tel: (1) 954 782 3376