Waltham, MA, September 14, 2010 – Active Endpoints, Inc., the leader in service-oriented Business Process Management (BPM) software for process automation, today announced new and improved capabilities in ActiveVOS 8.0, the latest release of the company’s flagship product. Highlights of the release include support for Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) swimlanes and support for BPMN 2.0 boundary events, new data access integration capabilities, improved deployment management, and expanded task management. The combination of these new capabilities improves the ability for all stakeholders – project managers, application architects, solutions architects, and developers– to utilize ActiveVOS for designing, developing and deploying mission-critical, custom process applications even more effectively.
ActiveVOS 8.0 offers designers with new capabilities to convey the functions and desired behavior of a custom process application. Designers now have at their disposal:
- BPMN’s concept of a pool and lanes make it easy for process designers to convey the process steps being carried out by each participant (which can be an automated service or human tasks) of the process being automated.
- BPMN 2.0 boundary events provide process automation designers with powerful graphical annotations to directly specify the interrupting and non-interrupting execution behavior following the arrival of message, timer, error and compensation events.
- Unstructured process design capabilities, in combination with ActiveVOS’s already innovative structured design features, provide designers with ultimate layout freedom while they are designing process automation activities. With ActiveVOS’s structured and unstructured design capabilities, all process automation BPMN 2.0 designs are guaranteed to be executable.
- Data Access Service provides direct access to data sources. There is no a need to service-enable data sources before you use them in your process automation designs.
- Improved Deployment Management improves the ability by development teams to incrementally build and deploy versions of a process automation application and minimize the risk of introducing incompatibilities at runtime.
- Custom task properties for human tasks allow process automation designers to define task search filters and task grouping in user interfaces. By enabling task grouping and task searching,workers who execute the human tasks of a business process application can be more productive and handle a much larger number of concurrent tasks.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) allows deployment of ActiveVOS process automation applications using an organization’s existing SSO environment. Users will not need a separate log-on step to work on human tasks.
Mark Taber, CEO Active Endpoints said, “Solving some of the really hard development and operational problems associated with building, integrating, and deploying process applications quickly and improving the collaboration between business knowledge experts and solutions architects has been our top priority. In this release, we delivered. We will continue to invest our R&D dollars to drive the best possible user experience.”
Ágúst Þór Guðmundsson, Department Manager, Processes and Interfaces, Síminn (Iceland Telecom) said, “We are excited about ActiveVOS 8.0 because it provides additional high value capabilities for our application architects and developers, including swimlanes, boundary events, deployment versioning and data access integration.” He continued, “This release also confirms that our strategic partnership with Active Endpoints continues to add significant value in order to improve operational and technical efficiencies throughout our company.”
Tomáš Svoboda, Technical Director, Trask solutions said, “As Trask builds strong trusted customer relationships required for SOA-centric BPM project implementations, recommending the right product investment becomes a large part of growing our ActiveVOS business. The products we offer to our customers must be flexible, such as when we need to customize business processes because of constantly changing industry regulations. The Active Endpoints’ ActiveVOS solution aligns very well with the vision and direction of our clients.”
More detailed information about ActiveVOS 8.0 is available at http://www.activevos.com/start-here-introduction.php
About Active Endpoints, Inc.
Active Endpoints’ (www.activevos.com) ActiveVOS is the leader in service-oriented Business Process Management (BPM) software for process automation. ActiveVOS empowers project teams to create BPM applications using services, making their businesses more agile and effective. ActiveVOS promotes mass adoption of SOA-enabled BPM applications by focusing on accelerating project delivery time with a complete, affordable and easy-to-use system. Active Endpoints is headquartered in Waltham, MA with development facilities in Shelton, CT.
John Cingari, Chief Marketing Officer
Active Endpoints, Inc.
ActiveVOS is a trademark of Active Endpoints, Inc. All other company and product names are the property of their respective owners.