Austin, Texas - Lombardi, a leader in business process management (BPM), today released highlights of its business performance for the six months ended June 30, 2008. Fueled by its award-winning BPM product and solution offerings, the company achieved 85 percent license revenue growth and 50 percent overall revenue growth compared to the same period in 2007. During the first half of the year, the company continued to add dozens of new enterprise-class BPM clients to its rapidly expanding base, with strong customer traction across a wide variety of industries, including financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, telecommunications, education, government and insurance. Additionally, existing customers continued to expand their deployments of Lombardi's software, leading to numerous add-on license and services transactions for the company
during the first half.
"We had a very strong 1H 2008," said Rod Favaron, chief executive officer at Lombardi. "We are successfully executing our plan to focus on growth, innovation and global reach. We exceeded our growth goals, delivered on product and services innovations, and met both our hiring and partner on-boarding goals for the first half of the year."
Representative customer wins include Ayudhya Allianz C.P. (Thailand), Allianz Hungaria Biztosito Zrt., Charles Schwab, G&D Integrated, Jaguar Land Rover, Maritz Research, Massachusetts Department of Revenue, Merchant Investors Assurance Company Ltd., OAD Groep BV, Savvis, Singapore Refining Company Private Limited, TeliaSonera, Wells Fargo Home and Consumer Finance Group, Wirtualna Polska SA and Yale University.
Leading Product Innovation
During 1H08, the company shipped two major product upgrades. The first was Lombardi Teamworks®, the company's award-winning BPM suite. Teamworks 6 Enterprise release 6.1 delivers increased ease-of-use and expanded capabilities to process authors. More than 200 companies world-wide depend upon Lombardi Teamworks for managing and improving their process performance.
The company also released an update to Lombardi BlueprintT, its 'on-demand' process-documentation tool that is used to collaboratively map an organization's business processes, identify problems, and prioritize improvement opportunities. More than 3,000 companies have become Blueprint customers since its 2007 launch - making it the most widely used Software as a Service (SaaS) BPM product.
Expanded Solution Portfolio
The company introduced a series of process "know how" packages during the first half. The initial solutions, called the Lombardi Process DefinitionT packages, are focused on helping companies document, analyze and prioritize their process initiatives. The first three packages offered address the areas of Inventory, Assessment, and Analysis. Each package is a fixed-price offering that combines Lombardi technology with delivery services and template-based artifacts.
"For years, BPM companies have focused on helping customers deploy their technology, but have largely ignored addressing the challenges companies have when getting ready for BPM, including prioritizing where they should use it, as well as the governance challenges they face when it is deployed widely across the organization," said Phil Gilbert, president of Lombardi. "Our packages give customers a very specific approach towards solving these challenging new tasks. This leads to more predictable results - and broad adoption."
Leadership Recognition in the BPM Market
Due to its innovative products, Lombardi and its customers received numerous awards and honors during the first half of the year. These accolades included:
- Teamworks 6 Enterprise Edition was named the "Best Business Process Management" product and recipient of a 2008 Technology of the Year Award by IDG's InfoWorld. The award may be viewed at http://www.infoworld.com/slideshow/2008/01/144-2008_technology-2.html.
- Lombardi was named the overall leader in Human-Centric BPM by Dr. Bruce Silver in the BPMS Watch Ratings, Q2 2008. To access a complimentary copy of the BPMS Report Series review of Lombardi Teamworks 6, visit http://www.lombardi.com/bpm-resources.php.
- Lombardi customer Wells Fargo Financial was named a 'Global Award for Excellence in Business Process Management (BPM) and Workflow' winner for its industry-leading process innovation and excellence. The awards are jointly sponsored by BPMFocus.org and Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC) with support from industry associations Object Management Group (OMG) and BPM.com. Wells Fargo Financial received the Gold Award in North America and was singled out for delivering the most tangible results and benefits to its users through their Lombardi BPM implementation.
A summary of Lombardi's results from the six months ended June 30, 2008 include the following:
- Grew overall license revenue by 85 percent and overall revenue by 50 percent as compared to the same period in 2007.
- Achieved dozens of strategic customer wins and existing client deployment expansions, including the receipt of the largest services agreement in the history of the company.
- Delivered significant enhancements through new versions of both Lombardi Blueprint and Teamworks.
- Introduced Lombardi Process Definition packages, a series of process "know how" packages designed to assist companies with evaluation and planning of their BPM-based process improvement projects.
- Increased headcount by 25 percent globally to handle growth, covering all areas of the business, including sales, professional services, development and support and administration.
- Continued to expand the company's global sales and support ecosystem, including the addition of partners and resellers located in Australia, Brazil, the Netherlands, Russia, Scandinavia and Thailand.
- Held Driven 2008, Lombardi's three-day customer-focused user meeting, with more than 200 customers, partners and analysts in attendance.
Lombardi is a leader in business process management (BPM). We offer award-winning BPM technology and services to help our customers, partners and government agencies around the world succeed with their process improvement initiatives.
Lombardi is behind some of the largest, most successful BPM implementations in the world. Our customers include Allianz Group, Aflac, Banco Espirito Santo, Barclays Global Investors, Dell, El Paso Energy, FETAC, Financial Services Authority, Ford Motor Company, Hasbro, ING Direct, Intel, Maritz Travel, National Bank of Canada, National Institute of Health, Safety-Kleen, T-Mobile, UCLH, Wells Fargo Financial, Xbridge and numerous governmental agencies. For more information, visit www.lombardi.com.